Thursday, March 22, 2007

I stopped in the middle of the road and looked up in awe...


Alright, when most people hear the acronym "UFO" they think little grey guys with big eyes. As cool as that is, what it really means is that you don't know what that thing was and it was flying (also safe to assume it was, in fact, an object). Anyways, on my midnight run to Meijer last night for some backpacking supplies, i saw something amazing that made me stop my car in the middle of the road and look up in awe.


I was leaving my condo area on the main circle road. As i approached the turn to head out to 741, the ground around my car seemed to start glowing green. It got brighter quickly and I saw my hood and front window start to turn green. I leaned forward to look up out of the windshield and I saw a large green glowing object shoot high over my car. It looked like a green fireball about the size, brightness, and color of a green traffic light. It was bright enough to overpower the street lights along the road. It shot about to a 40 degree angle to the horizon and disappeared. I sat in my car with my mouth wide open. And yes, it did look almost exactly like that picture.


Now I've seen shooting stars before. They're usually white, quick, and look pretty cool. I also remember the nights at the Layne's bonfires watching satellites make their way across the sky. But I have never seen a meteor that big or a green meteor either. I looked up online about green meteors and it's something that's very unusual, but not unheard of. Either way, that and the tornado I saw a little while back have made my "Crazy Stuff In The Sky Around The Dayton Mall" list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home